Whether you are getting married, or you are moving in with someone, you are full of expectations, maybe imagining being Happy, sharing a life together, and enjoying a wonderful Life together. Where do these rosy expectations come from? They may be coming from TV shows we have watched, from Pinterest images, Wedding magazines, and all the media we are bombarded with.
Not too shortly after you move in together, things about your partner start to drive you crazy. Then, the bickering starts. What are some of the most common irritants?
- Organization or Lack thereof. 1 person may like everything in its place and cannot function within a messy household. The other person may have been brought up in a messy household, and never picks up after themselves.
- Different attitudes towards Money and spending & saving. Her normal may be spending $300.00 on a new item of clothing or accessories, and he may be used to spending a lot of money on parts for his Truck.
- Family issues : Why does our Summer holidays centre around your Family and what they want to do? What about me and my Family?
- Differences in how conflicts are resolved: One partner wants to hash things out, the other sweeps it under the rug and buries the problem, hoping it will go away.
- Lack of Communication. This is a biggie. There is no way that your partner can crawl into your head and figure out what you should have communicated to them.
- Different attitudes in bringing up kids and Step-kids.
There are so many more Topics, but we are not going to cover them all today, we are just here to say, if things aren't working out, it's all ok, it's all normal, when you blend 2 individuals from different families, to have conflicts and disagreements. If you grew up in different cities, or different countries, it presents even more of a challenge.
Just remember 3 words : Communicate and Negotiate, and Breathe.
For help with Wedding Flowers, and Wedding decor, Visit The Camellia,
at 30, Hacquoil Rd. Thunder Bay, On.
p (807)475 3551